Admin & rights
Having a new baby is a unique event that will no doubt bring about a lot of changes to your life!
Not surprisingly, there is also plenty of bureaucracy to navigate, but it's not all doom and gloom ... Belgium offers some great advantages to parents, so once all the paperwork is taken care of, you'll be free to enjoy family life!
In this section you can read about:
- establishing 'parentage' if you and your partner are not married
- registering your baby's birth at the commune they were born in
- nationality and applying for passports
- different kinds of leave you and your partner may be entitled to:
- allowances and other financial benefits you may be entitled to: