An independent midwife can offer a holistic approach to your journey to becoming a parent.
Read more about what an independent midwife can do for you before or when you are trying to conceive, and during pregnancy, birth and in the postnatal period.
Especially popular within the expat community, British midwife Jo Everatt runs Antenatal & Baby, and offers a wide ranges of services. Jo is also an IBCLC lactation consultant.
There are also several teams of independent midwives in Brussels and surrounding areas, many of whom speak English. Teams include:
- Zwanger in Brussel (website in English, French and Dutch)
- Au fil de la naissance (website in French, but many of the midwives also speak English – contact any of them to ask)
- Amala (website in French, but many of the midwives also speak English – contact any of them to ask)
- Bolle buik – serving Brussels and the east side of Flemish Brabant (website in English and Dutch)
Professional unions of midwives
- Union professionnelle des sages-femmes belges – professional union of Belgian (francophone) midwives
The website is in French, but you can easily find details of midwives per language/region/specialty.
- Vlaamse Beroepsorganisatie van Vroedvrouwen – Flemish midwives association
The website in Dutch but you can easily find details of midwives per region.
Last updated on